Laurier Heights is a well-established residential community located in the city of Edmonton. Known for its beautiful river valley views, large lots, and mature trees, Laurier Heights offers a serene and picturesque living environment. Here's some information about Laurier Heights:
- Location: Laurier Heights is situated in the west-central part of Edmonton, overlooking the North Saskatchewan River Valley. Its boundaries are defined by Whitemud Drive to the south, 149 Street to the east, 87 Avenue to the north, and the river valley to the west.
- Residential Character: Laurier Heights is primarily a residential neighborhood consisting of single-family homes. The community features a mix of architectural styles, including mid-century modern, bungalows, and newly constructed infill homes. Many properties in Laurier Heights offer stunning views of the river valley or ravine.
- Amenities: Laurier Heights offers a variety of amenities for residents. The community is home to several parks, including Laurier Park and Buena Vista Park, which provide opportunities for outdoor activities, picnicking, and leisurely walks. There are also nearby schools, such as Laurier Heights School and St. Paul Elementary School, serving the educational needs of the community.
- Laurier Heights Community League: The Laurier Heights Community League is an active organization that fosters community engagement and organizes various events, programs, and recreational activities throughout the year. The league operates out of the Laurier Heights Community Hall, which serves as a hub for community gatherings.
- River Valley Access: Laurier Heights is located adjacent to the North Saskatchewan River Valley, one of the largest urban park systems in North America. Residents can easily access the river valley trails, which offer scenic walks, cycling routes, and opportunities for outdoor recreation, including picnicking, kayaking, and cross-country skiing.
- Accessibility: Laurier Heights enjoys convenient transportation connections. Whitemud Drive, a major arterial road, runs along the southern boundary of the community, providing easy access to other parts of the city. Public transit options, including bus routes, are available for residents who prefer using public transportation.
- Nearby Attractions: Laurier Heights' proximity to downtown Edmonton allows residents to access a wide range of amenities and attractions. Downtown Edmonton offers a vibrant arts and cultural scene, diverse dining options, and shopping centers. Other nearby attractions include the Edmonton Valley Zoo, Fort Edmonton Park, and the Edmonton Botanic Garden.
Laurier Heights offers a peaceful and prestigious living environment with its spacious lots, natural beauty, and close proximity to the river valley. The community's strong sense of community and access to amenities make it an attractive place to call home within the city of Edmonton.