Crestwood is a picturesque residential community located in the city of Edmonton. It is known for its beautiful tree-lined streets, spacious lots, and a strong sense of community. Here's some information about Crestwood:
- Location: Crestwood is situated in the central-west part of Edmonton, just west of downtown. Its boundaries are defined by the North Saskatchewan River Valley to the south, 149 Street to the east, MacKinnon Ravine to the west, and 98 Avenue to the north.
- Residential Character: Crestwood is primarily a residential neighborhood consisting of single-family homes. The area is characterized by its large lots and diverse architectural styles, including bungalows, two-story homes, and modern infills. Many of the properties in Crestwood enjoy scenic views of the river valley.
- History: Crestwood has a rich history that dates back to the early 1900s when it was initially developed as a subdivision. Over the years, the community has maintained its charm while undergoing some modernization and new construction.
- Crestwood Community League: The Crestwood Community League is an active organization that works to enhance the quality of life for residents. They organize various events, sports programs, and social activities throughout the year. The community league also maintains the Crestwood Community Hall, which serves as a gathering place for community members.
- Amenities: Crestwood offers a range of amenities to its residents. The neighborhood is home to several parks, including Crestwood Park and MacKinnon Ravine Park, which provide opportunities for outdoor activities and leisure. There are also nearby schools, including Crestwood School, which offers elementary and junior high education.
- Proximity to River Valley: Crestwood is situated along the North Saskatchewan River Valley, providing residents with easy access to its extensive trail system. The river valley offers opportunities for hiking, biking, picnicking, and other outdoor activities, making it a popular destination for nature enthusiasts.
- Accessibility: Crestwood enjoys excellent transportation connections. 149 Street, a major arterial road, runs along the eastern boundary of the community, providing convenient access to downtown and other parts of the city. Public transit options, including bus routes, are available for residents who prefer using public transportation.
- Nearby Attractions: Crestwood's central location allows residents to easily access a range of attractions in Edmonton. Downtown Edmonton is just a short distance away, offering a vibrant arts and cultural scene, as well as numerous dining and shopping options. Other nearby attractions include the Edmonton Valley Zoo and the Telus World of Science.
Crestwood is a desirable community known for its tranquil atmosphere, stunning natural surroundings, and close-knit community spirit. With its proximity to the river valley and convenient access to amenities, Crestwood provides a peaceful suburban lifestyle within the heart of the city.